Why are we holding a special campaign for the air conditioning system?
If you have been here this summer, you have experienced the “warm welcome” during our Sunday Masses. We were not only friendly; we were pretty warm. The problem is that our air conditioning is a patchwork of pieces and parts between 18 and 50 years old. Monthly repairs are already expensive and costing the parish an exorbitant amount of money. It’s time to replace the whole system.
Are we addressing more than just the air conditioning system?
We are. Most of the electrical supply for the church itself is the air conditioning. By comparison, the lights and sound system are minor electrical loads. Our problem is that the electrical panels for everything are located in the basement in the flood/hurricane surge zone. And those panels are severely out of date. Spare parts for them are now prohibitively expensive, because they are hard to find.
As part of this project, we will replace and relocate the entire church electrical distribution panel to the sanctuary area. We will also address the humidity in the church. The new air conditioning system will provide a cool, comfortable environment up to 12-15 feet above the floor. Above that, there is warmer, more humid air. Over a long period of time, that humidity causes problems for the paint and artwork above.
When will the new air conditioning system and electric work be installed?
The air conditioning replacement and the electrical panel replacement and relocation are scheduled to be completed by mid-December 2016. However, the project completion depends on permits, approvals, and inspections by the City of Tampa.
I want to donate, but I will want to make monthly payments that will extend beyond the project’s completion – will that be okay?
Yes. We are asking that pledges or installment payments be made via our parish Online Giving system. You will need to use your existing account (or open an account). Look for the “Be Cool Campaign” and then follow the on-screen instructions to determine the payment amount and the duration of your giving.
I plan to make a one-time donation. How can I do that?
There are three ways to give:
1. Envelopes will be available in the church, Parish Office, and the Sacred Heart Gift & Book Store
2. Sacred Heart Online Giving – one-time donation or pledge/planned giving
What payment methods will be accepted?
– Envelopes: check (made out to Sacred Heart), cash, or credit card (which will be kept secure and processed in the Parish Office)
– Online Giving – credit card or bank account withdrawal. Please consider donating using your bank account information. It saves the parish 3% of your donation.
– PayPal – credit card or bank account withdrawal. Please consider donating using your bank account information. It saves the parish 3% of your donation. You will not need a PayPal account to use this option.