For years the standard manner of exercising your financial stewardship within the Church was the tried-and-true envelope giving system. Increasingly members of our parish community are moving to on-line, paperless management of their finances. We are happy to announce that Sacred Heart parish now offers Online Giving for all our parishioners who prefer to donate through electronic means – either credit card or bank transfer. Online Giving is a secure way, totally under your control, to give to weekly, on-going and special collections Please know we will continue to provide envelopes for parishioners who you prefer that means of supporting the parish.
What are the parishioner benefits to participating in Online Giving?
And, yes, there are advantages for the parish!
- No need for managing envelopes and checks
- Options include credit/debit cards or bank-to-bank transfers – or a mix of the two.
- It makes it easy to fulfill stewardship commitments, even when you are away from the parish.
- You never have to bring cash or checks to church.
- Contribution amounts and timing are easily set and adjusted – at your control
- Credit card giving allows you to take advantage of any benefits such as airline miles or cash bonuses
- Your confidential account information is never shared with anyone once you enter it into the Online Giving secure site
- You can use Online Giving in conjunction with envelopes if you prefer – Our Sunday Visitor provides the envelopes as well as manages the online giving secure site.
What kinds of donations will I be able to make with Online Giving?
- Simplifies our Monday mornings when we sort, process, count, and recount your donations – in other words, allows us to focus on parish ministry.
- Online Giving is integrated with our ParishSoft Management System – your donations are seamlessly added to the system we use for parish financial management and preparing end-of-the year IRS donation letters to our donors.
- The online system is integrated with our existing envelope process
- This new process permits us to support your stewardship via the means you already use to manage the other important parts of your financial picture
Regular donations include:
Other donations include:
- Weekly Offertory
- Church Restoration and Maintenance
- Sacred Heart Academy Tuition Assistance Fund
- Friends of Sacred Heart
- Seasonal contributions (Christmas, Holy Days, All Saints, All Souls, etc.)
- Special Collections (Mission appeals, Religious retirement collection, CRS, etc.)
- Emerging collection needs (disaster relief, etc.)
How will I know when special or emerging collections need my attention?
The parish will use its normal means of the communications (announcements, bulleting, our web site) to inform you – but also, Online Giving gives us the ability to send you a personal email to inform you of these needs. At that point, you can go online and find the special needs listed. Once there you can make a one-time donation or make a series of payments. You’re in control.
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my bank or credit/debit card account?
Once you create your personal account at Online Giving, the contribution amount you specify will automatically be transferred from your account to the church’s bank account on the date you specify.
How do I sign-up for Online Giving?
a. Name, email, phone number
- Go to the Online Giving web site - here (https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=276)
- Watch the on-line video
- Create your personal account
c. Set your own user-id and password
4. The parish and Online Giving screens and approves your account –
You will receive an email containing a link that you must click in order to active the
5. Login and set-up your own personalized giving plan
a. Gather your credit/debit card or bank account information
b. For each donation type you then set start/stop dates, amounts, donation means
(credit, debit, or banking)
What about online security?
Online Giving uses the VeriSign security system for online financial security. This provides a 128-bit secure browser connection to process your transactions and protect your information. You can be assured that all of your information you enter is encrypted. In addition, to ensure that no one gains unauthorized access to your account, the Online Giving website uses a time-out feature to log you off if you are inactive for a specific amount of time.
What if I change bank accounts or want to simply change the credit card used for donations?
Simply login and update your account information. Easy as that.
What if I need to temporarily suspend my donations?
You can suspend your authorization by deleting your donation dates until you are ready to resume giving.
What if I try Online Giving and don’t like it?
Easy - you can cancel your authorization by deleting your credit card and/or bank account information along with your donation dates.