In preparation to celebrate Palm Sunday, you are invited to stop by Sacred Heart and pick up blessed palms, the day before Palm Sunday, Saturday, April 4th. Also, during this pandemic, we can’t forget about those less fortunate than ourselves. We are working with Catholic Charities to help feed the homeless in our community (read below for more details) and hope you can help us.
How can you help? Simply bring one of the needed items listed below when you pick up your palms on
- Saturday, April 4th, from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, at the Parish Hall (corner of E. Twiggs St. and N. Marion St.).
- Receive blessed palm fronds from one of the friars (as you stay in your vehicle) and they will collect your donations.
- And don’t forget to join us on Sunday for our Online Mass!
Sacred Heart has agreed to provide breakfast for one morning a week for the immediate future. Items most in need to offer this breakfast include:
- Box of individual drink products (fruit juice, Capri Sun)
- Box of individual breakfast bars
- Box of individual granola bars
- Box of individual fruit cups
- Box of individual fruit packs
- Box of individual snack crackers
- Box of individual packs of Pop Tarts
- Box of Ensure
- Container of Lysol wipes
*To note: Please do not bring fresh fruit, perishable items, or items that require refrigeration.
Special Collection for Hillsborough Hope
Catholic Charities, in cooperation with the City of Tampa, has set up a small city of tents to help house up to 100 homeless people during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The site has water, electric, security, floodlighting, mobile showers, a mobile laundromat, portable toilets, medical services, and all other features needed to operate and maintain a small campground.
This tent city is called Hillsborough hope, and through the generosity of so many, the camp will provide three meals a day. Sacred Heart has agreed to provide breakfast for one morning a week for the immediate future.