We’re taking a short hiatus while we say farewell to Frs. George and Salim and welcome our new friars in the coming weeks. We plan to begin a series on faith by Bishop Robert Barron soon, but if you’re looking for more opportunities to deepen your faith before then, please check out our Faith Resources page.
During this pandemic, we can’t forget about those less fortunate than ourselves. Hopefully, you have read in the bulletin and in our parish emails about the different ministries here at Sacred Heart working with Catholic Charities to help feed the homeless in our community. Our ministries have been preparing breakfast bags and dropping them off every Sunday morning for those living in the Hillsborough Hope tent city. And all the food that we are using to prepare the breakfast bags has been provided by the generosity of you – our parishioners. We asked for your help, and the day before Palm Sunday, we had a collection drive and collected more than 5,700 fruit cups, cookies, breakfast bars, crackers, and snacks, along with 755 juice boxes.
We are going to have another collection drive for the guests of Hillsborough Hope, so mark your calendars for this Saturday, May 9, from 10 a.m. – noon for our next Twiggs Street drive-by collection. Items needed include:
- Box of individual fruit cups
- Box of individual snack crackers
- Bath towels (gently used okay)
- Hygiene & toiletries items (not necessary to be travel size, just the smallest size)
- Laundry detergent (bulk over quality)
- Anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer
- Boxes of individual drink products (fruit juice, Capri Sun, etc)
- Coffee condiments: creamer, sugar, and Nutrasweet/aspartame packets
- Large water bottles: refillable bottles