- Gathering together in a large group setting for opening prayer and introduction of the theme, and then breaking into smaller groups.
- Using the the smaller group format for rotating through three different “stations,” while keeping the family together
- Reflecting on the Sunday Scripture, including participating in a variety of learning techniques to engage all of the members of the family, such as “Liturgy Jeopardy,” crafts, Bible Bingo, faith sharing, and more.
Sessions are bi-weekly, September through May, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the North Campus.
Volunteers are needed in all sorts of roles:
- Catechists and assistants
- Office staff
- Administrative and more
If you love working with children and admire their eagerness, curiosity, and playful spirit, and you love sharing your faith with others, our Faith Formation ministries might just be for you.
- Time Commitment: As scheduled throughout the traditional school year:
- Wednesday Family Faith Formation: Twice a month.
- Responsibilities: Varies depending on the activities you choose to participate in during the year, but could include:
- Leading or supporting bi-monthly classes or workshops
- Putting together lesson plans
- Providing snacks or refreshments
- Clerical support as needed
- Training: Training is provided by the parish along with all materials needed. Please note: the Diocese of St. Petersburg requires background checks with fingerprinting and Safe Environment Training for all who participate in ministry with children.