Sacred Heart Welcomes You Back!
It’s hard to believe that at this time last year we were quarantining from family, friends, and coworkers, and Sacred Heart was bringing Mass into your homes each and every week through your phone, tablet, or computer. What a difference a year makes! As more vaccines are administered and people feel safe to return to pre-pandemic activities, we have seen more and more parishioners returning to celebrate Mass with us in person.
Sacred Heart can’t wait to welcome you back, too. As you return to our pews, we’ve collected some helpful information below to ensure you are fully informed and understand the safety measures we have in place. We want you to feel comfortable celebrating with us again, and we can’t wait to see you soon.
General Dispensation Ending
Bishop Parkes and the Diocese of St. Petersburg have recently announced that the general dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass each week will be lifted on May 22nd, the vigil of Pentecost. You can read more about the Bishop’s announcement here.
As we prepare to welcome more parishioners back to Sacred Heart, please know that many safety measures are still in place to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible, including:
– Providing hand sanitizing stations at each entrance of the church.
– Requiring all parishioners to wear a protective face covering while inside the church building, except when receiving Communion.
– Ensuring parishioners are respecting the 6-ft social distancing rule from others who are not in your household.
– Limiting seating to every other pew in many areas of the church. Please respect the parts of the church that are roped off.
As a reminder, weekend Mass times for Sacred Heart are:
– Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
– Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 5:30 pm
For additional Mass times as well as information about the availability of Sacrament of Reconciliation, click here.
Parking options have changed a bit here at Sacred Heart. The 717 Parking Lot (at the corner of W. Kennedy Blvd. and N. Florida Ave) is no longer free of charge for parishioners. Two other options are available, however, including:
– On-Street Parking: available free of charge every Sunday morning from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
– Madison Building Garage: available free of charge for Saturday Vigil / Sunday Masses and only for the duration of the Mass. If you go to breakfast or a downtown event, please pay the posted rates.
For more information, visit our parking page here.
Live Stream Mass
Sacred Heart will still provide Mass via live stream every Sunday morning at 9:00 am. Visit our Online Mass page to watch. Please note: After the weekend of May 15-16th, Sacred Heart will no longer distribute Communion at the North Campus.