Sacred Heart offers a non-traditional approach to assist parents in forming the faith of their children. “Family Faith Formation” is exactly what it says – families sharing and growing in faith. This process consists of:
- Gathering together in a large group setting for opening prayer and introduction of the theme, and then breaking into smaller groups led by a volunteer catechist.
- Reflecting on the Sunday Scripture, including participating in a variety of learning techniques to engage all of the members of the family, such as Jeopardy, crafts, Bingo, faith sharing, and more. This is a conducive way for us to share our faith.
Sessions are held twice monthly, September through May – from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday evenings -OR- Sunday mornings from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the auditorium at the North Campus (3515 N. Florida Ave).
Volunteers are needed in all sorts of roles:
- Office staff, Administrative and more
If you love working with children and their families and admire their eagerness, curiosity, and playful spirit, and you love sharing your faith with others, our Faith Formation ministries might just be for you.
- Time Commitment: As scheduled throughout the traditional school year:
- Twice a month for an hour and a half.
- Sunday and Wednesday sessions available!
- Responsibilities: Varies depending on the activities you choose to participate in during the year, but could include:
- Leading or supporting twice monthly sessions or workshops
- Putting together lesson plans
- Clerical support as needed
- Training: Training is provided by the parish along with all materials needed. Please note: the Diocese of St. Petersburg requires background checks with fingerprinting and Safe Environment Training for all who participate in ministry with children.
Associate Director of Faith Formation