Daily and Sunday Masses have resumed – find out more on the Parish News page! During this time, Sacred Heart will continue to provide a live stream of Sunday Mass, which can be viewed here. Know that the Franciscan Friars keep you all in prayer. Be well. Be smart. Be holy
Sacred Heart’s Children’s Faith Formation meetings and programs are going virtual! All sessions will be offered via Zoom. More information will be given soon.
Sacred Heart offers an active program for the growth and development of faith in our children and young people. With ongoing programs for children and youth, we seek to provide a place to gather together, to grow in faith, and to foster a deeper relationship with God and one another as part of the lifelong faith formation journey.
Faith Formation sessions are held bi-weekly for children and youth ages Pre-K 4 through High School, along with their parents via Zoom meetings. Sessions typically last from September through April, from 10:30 am – 11:30 am on Sunday’s and 6:30-7:30 pm on Wednesday evenings, unless otherwise indicated.
Volunteers are needed in all sorts of roles:
- Office staff
- Administrative and more
If you love working with children and admire their eagerness, curiosity, and playful spirit, and you love sharing your faith with others, our Faith Formation ministries might just be for you.
- Time Commitment: As scheduled throughout the traditional school year:
- Family Faith Formation: Bi- Weekly sessions
- Responsibilities: Varies depending on the activities you choose to participate in during the year, but could include:
- Leading or supporting weekly or monthly classes or workshops
- Putting together lesson plans
- Clerical support as needed
- Training: Training is provided by the parish along with all materials needed. Please note: the Diocese of St. Petersburg requires background checks with fingerprinting and Safe Environment Training for all who participate in ministry with children.