Normal Weekend Parking:
During Mass times on Saturday and Sunday, parishioners are invited to park in the locations listed below, free of charge:
Located next door to the church, access is available on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings for regular weekend parish Masses and has graciously been made available to parishioners by the Madison Building. The garage access for vehicles is off of Florida Avenue, immediately before you reach the church. Once you have parked, please return to the ground floor via the elevators within the garage. Pedestrian access to/from the garage is available via the lobby doors on Madison Street, which are open to provide access to the elevators and the various levels of the parking garage.
- Parking without charge is only for Saturday Vigil / Sunday Masses and only for the duration of the Mass. If you go to breakfast or a downtown event, please pay the posted rates.
- From Monday morning until the Vigil Mass on Saturday, there is no free parking. If you come for daily Mass, meetings in the parish office, funerals, weddings, etc., please pay the posted rates.
- We ask that you do not park in any spots marked as RESERVED, whether on a weekday or weekend. Also, if there is an orange cone blocking any spot, please do not move the cone and park there.
Special Announcement: On-Street Parking
The City of Tampa recently made an adjustment to the hours of operation for on-street parking throughout downtown. Spaces are now enforced from the hours of 8 a.m. to midnight, Monday-Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m.-midnight. These spaces are enforced on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please note: The non-enforcement hours on Sunday do not apply to all meters throughout the city, but only to those meters considered within the “church zone.” The zone is typically “north of E. Kennedy Blvd. and south of E. Cass St., east of N. Franklin St. and west of N. Morgan St.” This zone only applies during the special hours on Sunday and not during the week or other special liturgical celebrations such as Ash Wednesday or Holy Thursday.
Special Announcement: 717 Parking Lots
Due to the tremendous growth in downtown Tampa, 717 Parking is no longer able to continue its long-standing relationship with Sacred Heart for parking in either of its nearby lots (across the street from the church or at the corner of N. Florida Ave. and E. Kennedy Blvd.). They will continue their tradition of supporting the parish during our Easter and Christmas Masses, and we are grateful for their support. If you choose to park in these lots, please pay the posted parking fee. If you plan to regularly park there for convenience, consider downloading their parking app to avoid the lines at the kiosk. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Additional Parking Considerations:
- The median of the bus parkway on Marion St. is not a legal area for parking. You may be ticketed, and there are safety concerns for you, your passengers, and the buses using the parkway.
- The parking lot at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is for their members only. Please do not park there.