The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an international organization of men and women who strive to grow spiritually by offering service to individuals in need with material aid, encouragement, and spiritual support. Most assistance is given on a one-time basis to assist families who are experiencing a significant hardship. Members help those in need by:
- Person-to-person contact, and whenever possible, through home visits.
- Providing financial assistance for food, rent, utilities, medicines, clothing, travel, and other necessities.
- Offering advice on employment opportunities.
- Informing about available private and governmental funds and services.
- Comforting and encouraging the needy and praying for them.
There are a couple of ways that you can become involved with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Donate to the Society through the special collections after all weekend Masses. These collections are done twice a month. Or you can donate to the poor box in the statue of St. Vincent de Paul in the back of the church.
- Bring nonperishable foodstuffs for the St. Vincent de Paul pantry.
- Support the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores located on N. Nebraska Avenue in Tampa and 3rd Street in Ruskin.