How do I sign up for Online Giving?
1. Go to the Online Giving website.
2. Watch the online video.
3. Create your personal account with name, email, address, and set up your own User ID and password.
4. Once created, the Online Giving system screens and approves your account and the parish accepts your account. You will receive an email containing a link that you must click in order to activate the account.
5. Login and set up your own personalized giving plan by:
a. Gathering your credit/debit card or bank account information.
b. Setting up the donation types you prefer, including setting up start/stop dates, amounts, and donation means (credit, debit, or banking).
Please Note: Each credit and debit donation is subject to a transaction fee and a percent of the donation. While your donation is received at the full value, at the end of the month we are assessed the fees. The banking (ACH) donation is far less costly for the parish.
What are the parishioner benefits to participating in Online Giving?
There are many benefits to parishioners if you participate in Online Giving, including:
- No need for managing envelopes or checks.
- Multiple options for payment including credit/debit cards or bank-to-bank transfer, or even a mix of the two.
- The ability to fulfill stewardship commitments, even when you are away from the parish.
- Never needing to bring cash or checks to church.
- Easy adjustment of contribution amounts and timing, all controlled by you.
The advantage of paying with a credit card that allows you to benefit from rewards like airline miles or cash bonuses.
Your confidential account information is never shared with anyone once you enter it into the Online Giving secure site.
– You can use Online Giving in conjunction with envelopes if you prefer – Our Sunday Visitor provides the envelopes as well as manages the online giving secure site.
What are the benefits to Sacred Heart if I participate in Online Giving?
Yes, there are benefits to Sacred Heart with Online Giving, including:
- The time it takes to sort, process, count, and recount donations is reduced and simplified, meaning we have more time to focus on parish ministry.
- Online Giving is integrated with our ParishSoft Management System – your donations are seamlessly added to the system we use for parish financial management and preparing end-of-the year IRS donation letters to our donors.
- It is integrated with the existing envelope system.
- And it permits us to support your stewardship via the means you already use to manage the other important parts of your financial picture.
What kinds of donations will I be able to make with Online Giving?
Regular donations include:
- Weekly Offertory
- Church Restoration and Maintenance
- Tuition Assistance Fund for Catholic Education in the Diocese of St. Petersburg
- Friends of Sacred Heart
Other donations include:
- Seasonal contributions, such as Christmas and Holy Days, such as All Saints, All Souls, etc.)
- Special Collections (Mission appeals, Religious retirement collection, Catholic Relief Services, etc.)
- Emerging collection needs (Disaster relief, etc.)
How will I know when special or emerging collections need my attention?
The parish will use its normal means of the communication (announcements, bulletins, the website) to inform you, but also, Online Giving gives us the ability to send you a personal email to inform you of these needs. At that point, you can go online and find the special needs listed. Once there, you can make a one-time donation or make a series of payments if desired.
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my bank or credit/debit card account?
Once you create your personal account with Online Giving, the contribution amount you specify will automatically be transferred from your account to the church’s bank account on the date you specify.
What about online security?
Online Giving uses the VeriSign security system for online financial security. This provides a 128-bit secure browser connection to process your transactions and protect your information. You can be assured that all of your information you enter is encrypted. In addition, to ensure that no one gains unauthorized access to your account, the Online Giving website uses a time-out feature to log you off if you are inactive for a specific amount of time.
What if I change bank accounts or want to simply change the credit card used for donations?
Simply login and update your account information. It’s as easy as that.
What if I need to temporarily suspend my donations?
You can suspend your authorization by deleting your donation dates until you are ready to resume giving.
What if I try Online Giving and don’t like it?
No problem. You can cancel your authorization by deleting your credit card and/or bank account information along with your donation dates.