Please participate in the Call-in Day to Congress on Monday, February 26th.
Your advocacy is critical to help the nearly 1.8 million Dreamers, young people who were brought into the United States by their parents as children. They may face deportation as soon as March 6, unless Congress reaches a bi-partisan deal to protect them. Bishop Parkes of the Diocese of St. Petersburg and your own Franciscan Friars urge you to be part of this “call to action.”
Please follow these easy steps to help: Call 855-589-5698 to reach the Capitol switchboard and press 1 to connect to your Senators. Once you are connected to each Senator’s office, please ask the person on the phone to deliver this simple message:
- “I urge you to support a bipartisan, common-sense, and humane solution for Dreamers.
- Protect Dreamers from deportation and provide them with a path to citizenship.
- Reject proposals that undermine family immigration or protections for unaccompanied children.
- As a Catholic, I know that families are not “chains,” but a blessing to be protected.
- Act now to protect Dreamers, our immigrant brothers and sisters.”
Please call 855-589-5698 a second time to reach the Capitol switchboard again and press 2 to connect to your Representative. Once you are connected to the Representative’s office, please ask the person on the phone to deliver the same message as above.
After completing your call, please go to http://www.justiceforimmigrants.org to learn more about Dreamers and find other ways to voice your support. You can also view more on our own parish website.