Sunday Mass Resumes May 31st
Beginning this Sunday, May 31st, Sacred Heart will resume the celebration of Sunday Mass on a modified schedule. Masses will be celebrated at the following times:
– 7:30 am
– 9:30 am (and via livestream here)
– 11:30 am
– 5:30 pm
*The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass also remains in effect.
Why the change in Mass times? The modified schedule is to allow ample time for the cleaning and sanitizing of the church after each Mass. The church will be open 15 minutes prior to each Mass and we ask that parishioners do not linger after Mass has ended to give us time to prepare for the next celebration.
Seating may be limited due to the configuration of our church pews and aisles. We are asking everyone to follow the ushers’ instructions, filling in the church from the front, and making room for as many as we safely can.
Please be advised that we are asking all parishioners to follow the below safety guidelines if you plan to come in person:
– Use the Florida Avenue main doors for entering and exiting the church, unless special assistance is needed via the Twiggs Street ramp.
– Sanitize your hands upon entering (and leaving) the church.
– Wear a protective mask/covering while inside the church building, except during the reception of communion.
– Follow the ushers’ directions regarding seating.
– Respect the 6-ft social distancing space between you and those not in your immediate household.
Please note that the communion routes will be significantly different, so be attentive to the announcements and instructions from our ushers. Also the bathrooms will not be available at any time during or outside of Mass and childcare will not be provided.
Visit our Latest News & Updates page for more information.