In our continued effort to meet the growing needs of our community, Sacred Heart is holding its latest Giving from the Heart drive-through donation event on Saturday, December 9, at the North Campus from 10 a.m. to noon. Volunteers from our Open Doors and Bikes from the Heart ministries will be on hand for this special event ahead of Christmas that benefits the Bikes ministry and Catholic Charities respectively.
This drive is set to aid the foster children and families associated with Catholic Charities, as care packages will be created out of the donated items to serve as gifts for Christmas. Unwrapped toys and books for children of all ages will be collected, along with personal hygiene items, and gift cards for common retail stores.
Click to View the Catholic Charities Needs List:
- unwrapped toys or books for children or teenagers (ages infant to 17)
- personal hygiene items including Germ-X, perfume for girls, and cologne for men
- body wash, shampoos, conditioner
- hair accessories for girls (bows and clips, brushes and combs, blowers, curling irons)
- electric or manual razors for teenage boys
- baby care items (diapers, rash ointment, formula, wipes)
- Gift certificates ($25 increments preferred; Walmart, Target, Visa/MC, etc.)
If you have an old bike cluttering up your garage, Bikes from the Heart will be accepting those as donations to refurbish and distribute to those in need. The ministry will also have refurbished bikes available for purchase with a donation to the ministry that would make the perfect Christmas gift. Children’s bikes will also be available for donors to purchase and provide to the Catholic Charities care packages directly. Time permitting, volunteers will also provide on-site repairs for your own bike.
Click to View the Bikes from the Heart Needs List
- Disused or broken bicycles
- 26” and 24” tires and inner tubes
- Reflector Sets
- Monatary donations (click here to view the breakdown on their page)
Additional information and needs list updates will be available on this page as they are received. As always, the church appreciates your attentiveness and generosity for these drives.